Day 2: Emojis & Lights

Saturday 17th December 2016

We went to a big shop called Continente Modelo that’s located not too far away from the apartment that we live in with my grandma as we need to replace our sofa, carpet and table as it’s old and outdated, especially the fact that our old sofa is uncomfortable to sit in. Whilst my parents were finding right sofa and table for us to replace our old ones, I saw some Emoji pillows with my grandma, and with my parents later on, and we took some pictures of me holding them up in front of my face as well as holding it next to me. After buying our new table, carpet and sofa (the sofa will be delivered by the members of staff next week on Monday), me and my dad left my mum and grandma in the shop below the furniture department for them to buy some products for our apartment whilst we collected our new items with by loading it them inside our car after it’s been packaged in order to prevent them from being damaged before taking them to our apartment.

I love it!
I love you!
Hahaha! It's so funny that I got this!
You make me laugh!
I'm going to get you...
I got you...
When we reached to our apartment, we carefully took out our furniture and placed them inside the elevator before going up to the second floor to our apartment. I always get slightly scared when I use the elevator due to the fact that the doors always keep on getting stuck when I press the button to keep them open! Slight horror aside, we unpackaged our table and carpet, placed them down where our old items were before taking them to my grandma’s apartment and giving it to her. We then returned back to the shop to try and find my mum and grandma as they were shopping downstairs, which we spent some time looking for them around the aisles, before my dad realised that my mum sent him a message to say that they were waiting outside, which they were, in fact, in the cafe. They had some portuguese coffee whilst I had a cake with chocolate on top with custard filled inside in the middle and a bottle of water. Yum!

My lunch in the big supermarket: a bottle of water and a cake with chocolate on top with custard filled in the middle

At night, as usual, me and my dad walked around town not only to beat our activity goals on our Apple Watches, but also to view the bright lights around Madeira as they’re wrapped around trees, placed around roundabouts, hanging them above town, as well as seeing some decorations placed around there as well. We took some amazing photos of those decorations and lights, but my absolute favourite photo was the giant red Christmas tree with snowflakes on it that’s surrounded by big glowing stars as it was placed around the coast. We even took some pictures that felt like we were going through a Christmas-themed warp tunnel!


Mini Christmas trees!
Cheshire Cat would love to be on top of this!
So many light balls, yet so little time!
I empty this mailbox every day and send it to Santa at the North Pole
Me with one of the female Christmas Elves, Charlotte
Trees with lights can be seen around town
A panoramic view of town
Giddy up, Rudolph!
Santa Claus is on its way!
A giant star with small streams of red lights hanging down
The walk we had was challenging as it involved uphill and downhill walks, but we made it! Especially when we walked up a steep hill that led us back to our apartment as that extremely made us tired and struggle to walk up, but that didn’t stop us from beating our activity goals.
Giant Christmas light baubles hung around town
Wish upon a star next to a big glowing Christmas tree!
The Christmas tree towers me from behind
I'm a superstar!
We have to hit 88 miles per hour, dad!
Inside the Christmas warp tunnel...
Oh, hello there!
Peekaboo!
That's a lot of lights!
In the middle of the field, more trees with lights can be seen
A happy and bright pair of us in Madeira
After reaching to our apartment, we went to Machico that’s located on the other side of Madeira where we went to a festival where they had a small market where they had drinks, portuguese bread (Bolo Do Caco), and pig meat with wine and garlic (carne de alhos) sandwiches, as well as having a stage where the musicians were playing. It was tasty! By the way, I didn’t have any alcohol-related drinks as I don’t like them and also that I’m not old enough to drink them, which I won’t when I’m in the legal age to do so.

During the festival, there was a funny man dancing with the music. I must admit that he sure can dance!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inactivity and Such...

Saturday Night X Factor Thoughts