Inactivity and Such...

First off, I want to apologise for leaving my blog on the shelf gathering dust as I was super busy with stuff in real life. I'm currently in college doing level 3 business and it's been going well since I started in September. I'm getting my assignments in on time without any of them going over the deadline and all is well. And no, it's not stressful or anything at all, but that'll happen if you don't do your work straight away.

Anyway, enough of that. The next thing I want to cover is the King of Thieves forum. I've been there for over a year and I decided to leave a few days ago, which you can find it here. I wasn't enjoying it as I was when I joined and it was starting to drain me away the more I went on it. Plus, I don't play the game anymore since a few months ago. Don't ask me why because I don't really want to upset the huge fanbase of King of Thieves as it was a good game but it didn't seem to stick with me at all.

The last thing I want to cover is the surprise I had on Tuesday 15th November 2016 on Facebook. On Monday 14th November 2016, my local radio station, BBC Radio Jersey, made a post leading to their news web page about if driving whilst using a mobile phone should be taken seriously as an offence and would you report someone for doing that. I made a comment that reads:

"Using mobile phones whilst driving has got to be the stupidest thing that the human race has ever did, and I believe that it should be made illegal because of the damage it can do, and not just only on your car. Mobile phones and cars combined are dangerous and it costs more than money. People die because of drivers not paying attention to the road as they believe that nothing will affect anyone, including themselves, when they use their mobile phones. We have families and I'm sure that the people who got run over by reckless drivers who are using their mobile phones has said "I'm going to work now, see you later! I love you!" to their son and wife before leaving the house, not expecting a phone call to say their husband or dad died because of being run over by a driver that was using their mobile phone. That's how serious this is.

When your phone rings or vibrates, we have to stop and think: "Is it worth checking it right now? Is it worth risking mine and other people's lives just to see a tweet, post or text message?" Wouldn't it be better to view it when you get home, away from your car, and feel safe and secure inside your house?

Just remember: cars are replaceable. Lives aren't."

On the next day, I received a notification from BBC Radio Jersey, and their reply was:

"Hi Michael, thank you for getting in touch with us. We're discussing this story further between 12 and 1 today, would you be free sometime in the hour to have a chat with us about your thoughts on this?"

And my response was:

"Yes, I'm free. I'm in college and I don't have a lesson until 14:45."

BBC Radio Jersey's reply was:

"Hi Michael, it seems that we can't message you privately, would you be able to send us your contact number by private messaging the page? We will then call you to follow up. Thank you."

Before I messaged them, I said:

"Will do!"

And after messaging them on Messenger, I also said:

"I sent a message to you."

I messaged them my phone number (I won't post it here, you phone scammers!) and their reply was this:

"Hi Michael, thanks very much but unfortunately we've run out of time as our programme finishes at 1 😞 Sorry about that but thank you for getting in touch with the show."

I wasn't upset or anything because I understood that their show finished at 1pm (my time) so it wasn't a big deal. Heck, I wasn't even annoyed with them at all! This was my final message to them. And no, I haven't blocked them or anything:

"It's ok. You're very welcome with my thoughts about driving whilst using a mobile phone. 🙂"

And there you go! That's how my local radio station contacted me on Tuesday!

P.S.: I will be paying some more attention to my blog now. Sorry about that!

Comments

  1. Wow! It is good to see you making a difference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Not only I'm making progress, but I'm also changing for the better! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Saturday Night X Factor Thoughts

Happy Mother's Day!